GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for performing regular surveys regarding market area, maintaining the model apartments, and delivering excellent service while leasing available apartments to our prospective residents. She/He shall inform Property Manager of any conditions that might affect the ability to lease in our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
the Leasing Consultant’s primary responsibility is to effectively utilize sales skills to achieve and maintain optimum occupancy via the leasing of apartments and renewal of existing leases. Leasing Consultant must cooperate with all departments in completing all assigned tasks.
Leasing Consultant is responsible for the following:
1. Leasing apartments. Must greet all prospects and residents with a smile and professional courtesy. Try to consistently convert telephone traffic to appointments. Tour community with prospective residents. Send thank-you notes to prospective residents. Pre-qualify applicants. Review pending applications to be submitted for approval. Notify applicants on status of application.
Move-in new residents. Review all necessary paperwork with the new resident. Accept payment as pre-determined by Assistant Manager. Must understand and complete all lease paperwork in an accurate and timely manner (including applications and credit checks). Deliver move-in gifts and walk units prior to move-in. Issue keys.
3. Renew current resident leases. Notify residents regarding lease expiration and determine the length of the new lease. Type up new leases promptly. Review new lease terms with resident.
4. Move-out vacating residents. Complete all necessary move-out paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Retrieve all keys, passes, etc. from resident.
5. Maintain company customer service standards. Clearly and effectively assist current residents with concerns and needs to minimize resident problems in a professional manner. Maintain positive resident relations. Attend resident functions unless directed otherwise by supervisor.
6. Other general office duties such as opening and/or closing the office, typing, filing, answering phones, and assisting with weekly reports.
7. Complete quality control procedures as directed by supervisor.
8. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
9. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
1. Walking up and down stairs to show apartments to prospective residents.
2. Lifting no more than 25 pounds. If more than 25 pounds are to be lifted, employee shall seek assistance from the maintenance department.
Leasing Consultant is usually the first contact the resident or prospect has with the property. She/He should be able to communicate effectively and professionally with residents, fellow associates, vendors, and supervisors. The Leasing Consultant must be people oriented, self-motivated, exhibit a positive personality, and also be sales motivated. She/He must conduct herself/himself in a professional, neat and well-groomed manner at all times. Previous service/sales related industry experience is preferred.
This person is responsible for general day-to-day maintenance, make-readies, and general upkeep of the property. As a valued member of the maintenance team, this person ensures the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by NALS.