GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for performing regular surveys regarding market area, maintaining the model apartments, and delivering excellent service while leasing available apartments to our prospective residents. She/He shall inform Property Manager of any conditions that might affect the ability to lease in our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
the Leasing Consultant’s primary responsibility is to effectively utilize sales skills to achieve and maintain optimum occupancy via the leasing of apartments and renewal of existing leases. Leasing Consultant must cooperate with all departments in completing all assigned tasks.
Leasing Consultant is responsible for the following:
1. Leasing apartments. Must greet all prospects and residents with a smile and professional courtesy. Try to consistently convert telephone traffic to appointments. Tour community with prospective residents. Send thank-you notes to prospective residents. Pre-qualify applicants. Review pending applications to be submitted for approval. Notify applicants on status of application.
Move-in new residents. Review all necessary paperwork with the new resident. Accept payment as pre-determined by Assistant Manager. Must understand and complete all lease paperwork in an accurate and timely manner (including applications and credit checks). Deliver move-in gifts and walk units prior to move-in. Issue keys.
3. Renew current resident leases. Notify residents regarding lease expiration and determine the length of the new lease. Type up new leases promptly. Review new lease terms with resident.
4. Move-out vacating residents. Complete all necessary move-out paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Retrieve all keys, passes, etc. from resident.
5. Maintain company customer service standards. Clearly and effectively assist current residents with concerns and needs to minimize resident problems in a professional manner. Maintain positive resident relations. Attend resident functions unless directed otherwise by supervisor.
6. Other general office duties such as opening and/or closing the office, typing, filing, answering phones, and assisting with weekly reports.
7. Complete quality control procedures as directed by supervisor.
8. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
9. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
1. Walking up and down stairs to show apartments to prospective residents.
2. Lifting no more than 25 pounds. If more than 25 pounds are to be lifted, employee shall seek assistance from the maintenance department.
Leasing Consultant is usually the first contact the resident or prospect has with the property. She/He should be able to communicate effectively and professionally with residents, fellow associates, vendors, and supervisors. The Leasing Consultant must be people oriented, self-motivated, exhibit a positive personality, and also be sales motivated. She/He must conduct herself/himself in a professional, neat and well-groomed manner at all times. Previous service/sales related industry experience is preferred.
This person is responsible for general day-to-day maintenance, make-readies, and general upkeep of the property. As a valued member of the maintenance team, this person ensures the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by NALS.
Assistant Manager’s primary responsibility is to support and aid the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of the apartment community by providing leadership, motivation, and consistent direction to the on-site staff. In addition, the Assistant Manager must demonstrate honesty, moral integrity, and ethical conduct. Assistant Manager must cooperate with all departments in completing all assigned tasks.
Assistant Manager is responsible for the following:
1. Coordinate the responsibilities and activities of the apartment community employees either under the supervision of, or in the absence of, the Property Manager. Assist in hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, and disciplining of leasing staff.
2. Accurately prepare daily, weekly, and monthly financial and leasing reports in a timely manner. Responsible for collection, posting, and depositing of all rental payments according to company accounting policies and procedures. Assist in coordinating monthly newsletter and other marketing strategies.
3. Maintain company vendor and payable files. Research and ensure follow up on outstanding invoices before posting payables. Obtain required paperwork on new vendors, including, but not limited to, W-9’s and certificates of insurance.
4. Maintain company customer service standards. Clearly and effectively assist current residents with concerns and needs, approve or reject resident applications based on established guidelines, ensure follow-up activity with new and existing residents in a professional manner in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations, and attend resident functions unless supervisor directs otherwise.
5. Assist with leasing duties as needed. Tour community with prospective residents, lease apartments, and notify applicants on status of pending applications.
6. Handle all aspects of past resident collections including but not limited to payment arrangements, mail out follow up letters, and forwarding all past due accounts to collections.
7. Prepare SDR’s on a weekly basis. Accurately determine charges to resident’s accounts using the Property’s Move-out Charges Summary. Notify residents in writing within local law time frame of move-out for charges owed or deposit refund.
8. Accurate and timely preparation of the following letters to residents according to the following schedule (dates and notices may vary depending on applicable state laws):
a. 6th – Initial Late Notice
b. 8th – Rent increase notice for resident’s not yet renewed
c. 11th – Second Late Notices/Notification of Lien or Lockout
d. 15th – 3-day notices to vacate, electric bills
9. Walk the property weekly.
10. Maintain the appearance of the apartment community according to established standards on a daily basis. Inspect grounds, models, and leasing office for eye appeal and marketability. Notify residents in writing for lease violations in regards to barbecues, storage of non-approved items on balconies and patios, parking violations, noise violations, etc.
11. Analyze and monitor the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the apartment community.
12. Complete quality control as directed by supervisor.
13. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
14. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for administering and maintaining all phases of community operations under the direction of the District Manager. It is the Property Manager’s responsibility to run the property as efficiently as possible and to operate within the established budget. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: personnel functions, community maintenance, leasing, monitoring market conditions, budget control, advertising, and resident relations.
Property Manager’s primary responsibility is to organize, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the apartment community by providing leadership, motivation, and consistent direction to the on-site staff. In addition, Property Manager must demonstrate honesty, moral integrity, and ethical conduct.
Property Manager’s responsibility is to enhance income and control expenses within the budget guidelines. He/She must adhere to all collection policies and procedures set forth by the company. He/She must manage the apartment community in the most efficient and profitable manner possible given the existing market conditions. The Property Manager must achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management programs.
Property Manager must cooperate with all departments in completing all assigned tasks.
Property Manager is responsible for the following:
1. Coordinate the responsibilities and activities of the apartment community employees. Hire, terminate, and supervise all community employees under the direction of the District Manager. Motivate and develop community performance reviews and recommend salary adjustments.
2. Accurately prepare, or supervise preparation of all required reports and forms including accounts receivable, daily bank deposits, monthly collection report and summary, weekly occupancy report, accounts payable, month-end closing reports, and yearly operating budgets in a timely manner.
3. Approve, supervise and prepare all required personnel forms including timesheets, benefit forms, personnel action forms, and payroll sheets in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Maintain company customer service standards. Clearly and effectively respond to resident inquires, produce messages, review and approve or reject resident applications, explain all lease documents to new and existing residents, ensure follow-up activity with new and existing residents in a professional manner in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations, and attend resident functions unless District Manager Directs otherwise.
Maintain the appearance of the apartment community according to established standards on a daily basis, ensuring the proper care and upkeep, inspecting, or supervising the inspections of market ready units and ensuring the satisfactory quality of work orders completed.
6. Bring to the company’s attention any conditions of the property, which will require capital expenditures. Obtain the approval of the District Manager for all capital expenditures.
7. Take all necessary precautions in the event of fire, personal injury, and other catastrophic events to preserve the health and well being of all employees, residents, and the property.
8. Analyze and monitor the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the apartment community.
9. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
10. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.